Samsung is known in India for its strong presence in technology. With its Samsung Star Scholar Program 2017-2018, it looks forward to extend its reach to education; the scholarship is one of its initiatives to uphold Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
The winning students will we awarded a maximum scholarship sum of Two Lakh rupees for one year covering costs related to mess charges, tuition fee and hostel fee.
The application intake for this season closes on August 31st.
The scholarship is usable only for students:
- Passing out from all branches of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya. The students will be selected based on their score in JEE Main (Advanced)
- Currently studying B.Tech or a dual degree B.Tech + M.Tech in any branch of IIT or NIT.
Guidelines and eligibility criteria:
- The applicants must be either ‘first year students’ or ‘last year’s scholarship’ awardees (last year’s winning students who would like to renew their scholarship) pursuing a full-time B.Tech degree or a Dual degree (B.Tech +M.Tech) at NIT or IIT.
- In the case of the first year students, (First time applicants who are in the first year of college), their All India Rank in JEE Main (Advanced) will be the main deciding factor; their rank will be considered against the fellow applicants’ merit.
- Students applying for the second year (students seeking to renew their scholarship from the first year) will have to have an outstanding academic record and must be ranked in the top 50% of their class.
- All applying students are expected to be in a ‘good standing’ in their respective institutions to qualify for the scholarship.
Completing and submitting the application:
- The students who are applying for the first time are to download the application form online.
- On the other hand, students who wish to renew their scholarship from last year should download the scholarship renewal form.
- The completed hard copy of the applications are to be sent to the official address given below through speed post: Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd.,
Corporate Citizenship (CRO)
20th – 24th Floor, Two Horizon Centre, Golf Course Road,
Sector – 43, DLF Phase V, Gurgaon, Haryana -122002, India
- Also, the soft copy of the same should be send through e-mail to email@example.com.
- The applications sent through e-mail should be in pdf format.
- Deadline to send applications to the e-mail and the address is August 31, 2017
- Winners will be declared on September 29, 2017
- Applicants should strictly stick to the deadline; any application received after the deadline will not be put for consideration.
- Samsung India reserves the right to verify the furnished details using any third party for scholarship purposes.
- Meeting all the criteria does not confirm the scholarship.
- Students will be updated on the decisions regarding the scholarship through their e-mail.